The Donor Relations Specialist is responsible for contributing to the development of fundraising strategies and implementing engagement strategies to enhance and grow revenue and current and prospective donors.
- Participate in strategy sessions to develop fundraising plans and tactics
- Research fundraising opportunities and help organize and coordinate activities
- Manage a donor database to track existing donors and encourage follow on donations
- Develop new relationships with individuals, organizations and corporations to increase donations
- Collaborate with other Clear Blue Sea teams to coordinate and support fundraising goals
- Measure and report on the performance of fundraising activities and campaigns
Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to build effective professional working relationships internally and externally.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Presents him or herself to donors, press and other stakeholders in a manner in keeping with our values and mission statement.
- Promote a team culture-lead and work as part of a team.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and have ability to handle unscripted situations.
- Adept at problem solving, analyzing situations, determining next step and implementing.
- Skills in effectively organizing work, files, records, etc., to maintain efficient work flow.